Damas Island Mangrove Boat Tour
Our incredible mangrove expedition takes place in the mangrove forest of Damas. Located approximately 20 minutes from the Manuel Antonio National Park and most hotels in the Manuel Antonio area. This is one of the best wildlife watching tours in all of Manuel Antonio. The Damas mangrove tour is probably the best place in all of Costa Rica to see the White Faced Monkeys, meanwhile it is an extremely relaxing activity and much easier than the typical walks to look for the animals in the rainforest. The tour route is approximately 2 hours, navigating the incredible ecosystems of the Paquita River and its mangroves. During our expedition we don't do any hike, so it is completely accessible for all ages and health conditions.
The mangrove is a type of ecosystem that only grows in the tropical areas of the planet. In addition, its impressive habitat is home to a large number of fauna, such as monkeys, iguanas, crocodiles, turtles, boa constrictor, crabs, sloths, different species of birds and much more ...
The tour begins with the pick-up at your place of lodging near the Quepos area and the Manuel Antonio National Park. Before arriving to the river, you will be able to ask our guide all kind of questions, our naturalist guide will gladly give you fascinating information about the historical facts of our tour, as well as the history of Manuel Antonio. As soon as we arrive to the river, we will meet our boat captain who will take us on a memorable two-hour navigation through the mangroves for observing and learn about the incredible nature of Costa Rica.
The channels where we navigate are completely disconnected from all civilization, which allows our expedition to be much more relaxing. At the end of the tour, we will take you to a typical restaurant to enjoy a delicious typical meal.
Your idea is to enjoy nature while visiting Manuel Antonio? Without a doubt this is one of your best options!
- 3 hrs
- Transportation, comfortable boat with captain, naturalist guide with binoculars, bottles of water, Typical meal and drinks after the tour
- US $69 per person. Private: Please inquire (depending on group' size)
- Depends on the high tide
- Camera, binoculars, insect repellent, sun screen
Transportation Rates Note
- Pickup from Quepos City & Manuel Antonio is included in the regular price
- Pickup from Esterillos - Jaco - Los Sueños is NOT included in the regular price. Please let us if you need to have the transportation from these specific areas. We would be pleased to customize your tour
- Do you have any question on how to book a package with various activities?
- Do you need to accommodate a large group?
- Do you have special needs on your trip?
Please Contact us